Sing it with me, my queens:
🎵 She wore blueeeeeeee velvettttttttttt! 🎵
And indeed, after much speculation and anticipation, our Duchess of Cambridge wore exactly that to the 2019 Diplomatic Reception hosted by Queen E at Buckingham Palace.
The dress? Alexander McQueen, of course — those structured shoulders alone were a pretty big tipoff! — in a gorgeous midnight-blue shade and complete with a deep, curved neckline that seemed made for her bling.
Speaking of which! Kate chose The Queen’s Nizam of Hyderabad necklace, teamed with the matching earrings from the Diamond Chandelier Drop Demi-Parur set and her preferred crown jewel — the Lover’s Knot Tiara, made famous by Diana but now frequently sported by our favorite future queen.
And then, of course, she rocked that royal-blue sash, signifying her status as a newly-minted member of the Royal Victorian Order.
But back to the things we can #RepliKate — and by that, I mean that blue velvet dress!
While it’s hard to top McQueen, I found eight more blue velvet dresses that are quite the beauties, if I do say so myself! Perfect for a holiday party, a night on the town, or, you know, just swanning about at home. (You deserve to look fabulous decking the halls!)
1. Vince Camuto Long Sleeve Velvet Gown
2. Eliza J Long Sleeve Ruched Velvet Gown
3. Jenny Yoo Malia Long Sleeve Velvet Evening Gown
4. Tadashi Shoji Embellished Velvet Gown
$588 (on sale for $354!), NeimanMarcus.com
5. Kiyonna Cara Crushed Velvet Wrap Gown
6. Eliza J Twist-Front Sleeveless Satin & Velvet Gown
7. Alex Evenings Off-the-Shoulder Velvet Gown
And for those of you who prefer something shorter!
8. Reiss Valeria Off-the-Shoulder Velvet Bodycon Dress
Lead photo by Victoria Jones – WPA Pool/Getty Images